Are you wondering how you can set up Outlook for BellSouth email? Then you might find this article interesting. Please read on!
AT&T’s BellSouth Internet services, like all other Internet service providers (ISPs), provide free email accounts to its customers. A major advantage of using your BellSouth account is that customers are not charged extras to obtain the ability to access POP3 in email client programs like Outlook 2007. The reason why customers prefer this service over other email providers is that other email providers sometimes charge extra money to access POP3.
How to set up Outlook for BellSouth email?
You can always get the help of Microsoft support team to set up Outlook for BellSouth email. But try setting it up on your own before you get assistance. Given below are the steps to help you set up Outlook for BellSouth email.
- To start with, open Outlook 2007. Now, click on Tools and from the options available, select Account Settings.
- From the Email tab, select New. Now, from the Add New E-mail Account dialog box, choose Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP and then select Next button.
- Now, choose the Manually configure server settings or additional server types checkbox and then click Next.
- Select the Internet Email radio button and then hit Next.
- Under the User Information section, type in your name and your BellSouth email address.
- Now, under the Server Information section, select POP3 as your account type and in both the Incoming Mail Server (POP3) and Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) boxes, type mail.bellsouth.net.
- In the Username and Password fields, enter your complete BellSouth email address and password. After that, check the Remember Password checkbox.
- Choose More Settings and then select the Outgoing tab. Now click on the My Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox.
- Now, select the Use name settings as my incoming mail server radio button and then click on OK. Hit Next and then
These are the steps to be followed if you wish to set up Outlook for BellSouth Email. If you still have any doubts, you can always contact the Microsoft support team to get expert assistance. I hope that was all the information that you were looking for. Have a great day!